Exhibition Services Ltd values your privacy and always aims to demonstrate transparency and fairness in the collection and use of client/personal data. This policy is in compliance with the GDPR which is effective from 25th May 2018.
- WHAT IS GDPR?
The GDPR was adopted by the EU Parliament to:
Create consistency within all the member states of the EU as to the rules regarding data protection, implementation of the law, and how the rules are enforced.
Modernise the principles laid out in the 1995 Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), which was written before the advent of social media, ‘smart’ mobile devices that now can access things like cameras and geo-location information, and the ubiquity of online services and communications.
Reinforce the rights of individuals to control and protect their personal data.
Strengthen the EU internal market, ensuring stronger enforcement of the rules, streamlining international transfers of personal data and setting global data protection standards .
- WHO DOES THE GDPR APPLY TO?
The GDPR applies to:
- Organisations located within the EU;
- Organisations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to (even for free), or monitor the behaviour of, EU residents; and
- Organisations processing and holding personal data of EU residents, regardless of the Organisation’s location.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GDPR?
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person (‘data subject’) who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people. The GDPR applies to both automated personal data and to manual filing systems where personal data is accessible according to specific criteria.
- DATA CONTROLLER
A Data Controller is an organisation that determines the purposes, conditions, and means of the processing of personal data. Exhibition Services Ltd is a Data Controller, for the purposes of operating its business. We are registered to process personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Reg. No: ZA341504. (Visit www.ico.org.uk for further details.) The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Exhibition Services Ltd is Emily Stewart who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Data Processor is an organisation that processes personal data on behalf of a Controller. Third party processors with which Exhibition Services Ltd works includes, but is not limited to, providers of: IT systems and website/email hosting, CRM and accounting systems, file sharing/storage systems, contracted business and maintenance services, HR/payroll, event venues, transport/courier services, marketing/advertising services/social media and analytics platforms.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Exhibition Services Ltd uses your data for the following legitimate purposes:
- To enable our business to respond to your enquiries and contacts about the quotation/provision of exhibition services as advertised in print or online at exhibitionservices.com and associated social media accounts. Enquiries and contacts include those received through phone calls, emails and post; or in response to e-newsletters and online advertising including those generated via google or bing paid-for adwords.
- As part of our website’s functionality cookies (which can be opted into when first visiting the site): For further information read our Cookies Policy
- To enable provision of contracted exhibition services according to your instruction, or the instruction of nominated contacts in your organisation.
- To keep in touch with you during the planning and delivery stages of the services you have contracted us to provide.
- To instruct third parties, where appropriate, who may be assisting us in the provision of the exhibition services you have contracted.
- We may contact you by email/letter to follow up about the service(s) you have received or to inform you of our other services that may be relevant to you. You will be invited to opt-in to our mailing list or you can subscribe online at exhibitionservices.com You can unsubscribe at any time and we never share our mailing list contact details with third parties.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
We will keep your personal data on our secure CRM system for a minimum of three years from the last time you have contracted services from us, unless you request removal according to your rights under the GDPR.
- SECURITY OF EVENT DATA
We operate a ‘safe file’ system in our offices and site locations and our staff are fully-trained in data security. This applies to all client files and contacts whether securely stored in physical files or held on desktop/hand-held devices. Non-essential paperwork is routinely shredded and recycled.
- PAYMENT/FINANCIAL SECURITY
When making credit card payments to Exhibition Services Ltd, your details are destroyed after payment has been processed through our payment terminal. If providing us with other financially sensitive company details, for instance for credit references, that data is securely stored according to our ‘safe file’ system.
- YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Exhibition Services Ltd holds.
- The right to request that Exhibition Services Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Exhibition Services Ltd to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
- The right to request that the data controller provides the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- CONTACT DETAILS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer: Emily Stewart email@example.com
Or write to: Exhibition Services Ltd., Unit 6, 271 Merton Road, London SW18 5JS
Contact the ICO on t:0303 123 1113/email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or write to: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF